Google’s support website advises that you need to close all your accounts if you do not want them to sign automatically in. Make changes to your profile photo on the upper right side and select Sign Out in the main menu. Then, log on to gmail.com to sign up with the account you want to set as the default. The account you first sign into is now.
How can I change my default account for my Chromebook?
Utilize the current owner account to log in to your Chromebook.
Importantly, reset all the settings.
Powerwash is the alternative to choose.
Restart your browser and confirm the deletion of all data correctly.
After restarting your device.
Log in with the account you’d like to create.
To prove that you are an owner of this Chromebook.
Making a new user join the Chromebook isn’t easy. Here’s how:
- Click on the button in the upper right-hand area (the one that displays the date, time, battery life, and more. ).
- Select “Sign Out” near the bottom of the pop-up.
- Then you’ll be returned to the login screen. On the left-hand side of your screen, you’ll find the icon “Add person.”
- The new user should sign in to your Google accounts (or they can sign up for a report from scratch in case they don’t already own one).
- The account’s bookmarks and history, passwords, and other configurations will also be transferred onto the newly installed machine. If you’d like to modify any of those settings, then make sure you check the box that reads “Review the sync options in conjunction with setup.” After that, press “Accept and proceed.”
- Okay, here are now the Google Play terms of service. Read them if you like, and then sign the words.
- A checkbox allows all your data to be saved on Google Drive. If you don’t want this to happen, remove the box. The system will ask you whether you’d like to allow Google Play to access your place of residence (you can check this box, too) and if you would like to review options for your Google Play options after setup.
- Finished? Click on “Accept.”
- You’ll be asked to connect your Chromebook to your mobile to connect your internet connection to your PC (this is only accessible on specific phone models and Chromebooks), or you can type on your computer and then use phones to access the Chromebook. Finally, you can click “Accept to continue” If you wish to proceed or click “No thank you” in case you don’t want to move now.
How can I remove my primary account from my Chromebook?
Visit Settings. Go to Settings of your Chromebook. Click the Advanced drop-arrow to access additional options. Choose Reset Settings from now to now. Choose the Reset option. It would delete any user accounts and any other Google Chrome devices connected to your account as if it were the first time you created one.
Make sure you update your Google Accounts.
Suppose you upgrade the version of your Chromebook up to Chrome operating system version 76 or up. In that case, you may also make changes to the already existing Google Accounts on your Chromebook to access them on websites and Android applications.
In the lower right corner, choose the time.
Select the settings.
Under the “Accounts” section, near the top, click on Your Google Account.
Then, next to the account, Select Update the statement.
Follow the instructions on the screen.