LinkedIn advertising is among the most effective ways to reach a highly qualified group of highly skilled professionals and executives across various sectors. With its wide array of ad formats and powerful segmentation filters, there can be no doubt the Campaign Manager on LinkedIn gives companies practical tools to reach the people they want to go to.
However, LinkedIn isn’t for everyone. It’s possible to sign up to the site and then decide that later you don’t would like to continue using it. If that’s the case, you’ll need to learn how to get rid of your LinkedIn account entirely.
Here’s how to remove the account on your LinkedIn profile and “hibernate” your account.
How to Delete Your LinkedIn Account
Log in to your LinkedIn account.
Choose the tab below your profile image in the upper toolbar
Select “Settings and Privacy” from the drop-down menu.
On the “Account” tab, select “Closing Your LinkedIn Account.”
Select the reason to close your account, then click “next.”
Select “Close Account”
Remove the LinkedIn advertisement campaign.
You can erase an advertisement from the list of campaigns.
Locate the ad campaign on the list, click More actions, and then choose Delete campaign from the list.
Choose Yes in the confirmation dialogue, then remove it to confirm your selection.
How do you delete your LinkedIn account on LinkedIn?
1. Visit the LinkedIn site and sign in to LinkedIn using your username and password.
2. Once you’ve logged in, select the Me option located just below your profile photo on the menu bar at the top of the screen.
3. In The dropdown menu displayed select Settings and Privacy.
4. In the menu that appears on the left-hand right side, select to open the account preferences menu and then choose Account management in the menu that appears.
5. In the section Account management, Click Change next to Close your account.
6. On the next page, you’ll need to confirm that you want to shut down your account and why you made this decision. You may also complete a feedback box to express your additional feedback or issues with LinkedIn. After you’re done, you can click Next.
Please note that if you’re on a Membership that is Premium, you’ll have a chance to a Basic account before you can cancel your account.
7. Next, you’ll have to enter your password again to finish the removal process. Enter this information and then click close your account.
Unsubscribe from your LinkedIn Ads account
Within the settings of your HubSpot login, select the settings icon on the navigation bar in the middle.
In the menu on the left sidebar, go to Advertising > Marketing.
On the Accounts tab, hover over the connected account and click disconnect.
Inside the pop-up box, click Disconnect.
Check out an ad campaign on LinkedIn.
You can see ads in the LinkedIn Campaign Manager as long as you access the LinkedIn Ad Account.
Find the ad campaign on the list, select More actions, and choose View the ad campaign on LinkedIn from the drop-down menu.
Hootsuite directs users onto LinkedIn Campaign Manager, where you can see your ad campaign.
How to Backup LinkedIn Data Before Deleting Your Account
Are you afraid to see your profile disappear? LinkedIn offers the possibility of downloading your profile data before you delete your account. Here’s how to back up your LinkedIn information.
Step 1: Choose your profile image from the upper toolbar, then select “Settings and Privacy” when the dropdown menu opens.
Step 2: Click “Download your data” on the privacy tab. You can save “The works” (everything) or select a specific set of information to back up. Next, select “Request Archive.” It could take up to approximately 24 hours to deliver the file to you.