Chrome lets anyone with physical or remote access to your computer see credit card details (numbers expiry dates, cardholder names, cardholder addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers) it has saved. You don’t even need to enter a master pass!
While many online retailers require your card’s security code for you to place an order, others don’t. In this case, if someone can access your Chrome account, they can start shopping as though they are you.
But the danger doesn’t end here. The above details can be combined with information on you from your social media accounts (DOB, company info, and alternate email addresses) to compromise your financial privacy further. They might pretend to be customer advisors to reset your password to their email, Internet banking, and other financial accounts.
Click on Settings by clicking the three dots in the top right corner. Click on Autofill and then on Payment Methods.
Click on Save to fill in payment methods. This will enable or disable Chrome without saving credit card information.
To edit or remove credit cards or PayPal accounts, click on the arrow to the right of any card.
Chrome Browser: How to Delete Your Savings Credit Card
- Open your Chrome browser
- Click the three dots icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings
- The “People Choose Payment Methods” section is located at the top.
- The Payment methods section allows you to add or delete credit cards.
- The shortcut to get to this section is chrome://settings/payments
- Note: Credit cards and payment methods saved by Chrome cannot be deleted if they’re associated with Google services, such as paying Google Drive space or a recurring subscriber.
You can switch off Chrome’s ability to fill payment forms with your saved methods.
Chrome: How can I view Credit Card details
Now, let’s see how to do this in Google Chrome. These steps will help you to do it in Google Chrome:
- Chrome web browser
- Click on the three-dotted button menu button at the top-left of the app
- Select Settings
- After you’ve opened Settings, click on Autofill> Payment Methods.
- A list should be made of all credit cards.
Click on either of these and select Edit to access the relevant information.
Chrome Browser: Disable Credit Cards Auto-fill
Click on the menu icon and then go to Settings.
You can find the topmost section, titled “People Choose Payment Methods.”
In the Payment methods section, toggle Save and Fill payment methods to off