How to turn the sound off from an apple watch
The Apple Watch packs a lot into a small, compact device. Some speakers in the package play occasional sounds on the device.
However, you might be curious about how to turn off the sound on Apple Watch if it is annoying or problematic.
There are several ways you can do this. Please read our guide below to learn how.
- How to stop the Apple Watch from playing annoying sounds
- Swipe up starting at the bottom.
- Tap the bell icon.
This guide will provide additional information, photos, and instructions on how to disable the sound on Apple Watch.
The Apple Watch features a crisp, bright screen that can display images and text. It can also play sounds, like alerts that signal the arrival of text messages or phone calls.
This can be very helpful if you rely on sounds to notify you of certain things. But they can also be distracting when you feel the haptic response is sufficient.
- How to change the volume of your Apple Watch
- Open the Settings App on your Apple Watch.
- Scroll down and tap Sounds & Haptics.
To reduce volume, tap on the volume down or up buttons. You can also touch the slider to change the Digital Crown.
Alerts and notifications can be adjusted.
Learn how alerts and notifications can be managed. You can alter the frequency and manner in which you receive alerts. However, it is impossible to change how the alert sounds.
How to enable Do Not Disturb.
This feature keeps your Watch screen from being lit up by alerts or calls.
- Swipe up on Watch to reveal Control Center.
- Tap the crescent-moon icon.
- Choose an option to control how long the feature will remain active. Do Not will stay on until you manually turn the device off. Optional options such as “On for 1 hour” or “On until this evening” automatically turn off. Please do Not Turn it off after a specific time.
- Once Do Not Disturb is activated, the Moon icon will appear at the center of your Watch face.
- Alarms still sound even if the Do Not Disturb Mode is selected.
- Also, Do Not Disturb is activated or deactivated on iPhone.
Why is the crescent moon icon on my Apple Watch so prominent?
This icon indicates that the “Do Not Disturb Mode” is enabled on the Watch.
To disable this, swipe up from your screen’s bottom to open your Watch’s Control Center. Next, please scroll down and tap the crescent-moon icon to disable it.
You can enable silent mode on Apple Watch via Settings.
Another way to disable the Apple Watch’s alarm is via the Settings menu. To open the app drawer, tap on the Settings icon. Scroll down and click on ‘Sound & Haptics.’ Below the volume slider, you will see an option to enable Silent Mode. To activate it, tap on this toggle. The Silent Mode can be activated but will not turn off alarms and timers while the Apple Watch is charging. Users can also choose to enable Theater Mode, which mutes notifications and stops the screen from waking up when the wrist is raised.
The Fastest Method to Quiet Apple Watch
Covering your Apple Watch with your hand is the fastest way to turn off your Watch. For this feature to be activated, check the settings on your Watch.
Open the Watch App on your iPhone.
- Tap the My Watch Tab.
- Apple Watch instantly silence.
- Apple Watch cover with your hand
- Covering your Apple Watch with the palm of your hand will stop it from waking up, whether it’s an alarm or an alert. Apple claims you must cover it for 3 seconds. But it takes less time to realize that you want your Apple Watch to stop.
Instead, you can touch the Watch face to silence all sound. All you have to do is keep your skin covered for three seconds.
But this is not the case in every situation. However, you have to have chosen to prevent it.
Too many choices
It all seems simple enough, but the problem is that there are so many choices, and they all come from different places. The problem is worse.
It is best to avoid alarms interrupting your work. But you’ll still get notifications.
The Apple Watch lets you manage notifications only when you have them. When a notification appears, you can swipe to your left, tap a More option, and choose between two options.